Monday, January 29, 2007

Dressing, Meeting Friends (Part 1)

Returning after a longer than intended hiatus, let us take up with how I actually began dressing in women's clothes and made my first TG friends.

As previously noted, I discovered Lee's Mardi Gras Boutique in my early 20s and originally patronized it simply for the TV/TG literature available there. But I was intrigued by the array of lingerie, hose, shoes and dresses on sale as well...all in sizes that would fit males. I finally succumbed and bought a bra, panties, waist-cinching garter belt, stockings, high-heeled pumps (not real high), and a baby-doll pajama set. I actually began sleeping in all of it (yes, including the heels!).

I learned that Lee offered a "make-over" service, to dress and make-up a client as a girl, complete with pictures. I used it twice. I have no pics from the first time left, but the second time included the images you see here. Once I saw myself transformed, I was hooked--the desire to dress in feminine clothing went from an off-and-on thing to an obsession. All that was left was to find a way to safely do it with others around.


Then, one evening at Lee's, I met Steve and Bobby. Steve was older than I was, probably in his mid-30s. Bobby seemed younger, maybe 19 or 20. We shared some thoughts on what we liked in clothes and about cross-dressing in general. We left the shop and had a late snack together. I learned that Steve (who rarely dressed but went by "Sue" when he did) was an accomplished amateur photographer, who enjoyed taking photos of other TVs. Bobby ("Bobbi") was a more-than-passable TV who wore everything from very girlish stuff to punk rock gear to androgynous things like sailor suits. We agreed to meet at Bobbi's apartment in Brooklyn the next weekend.

No comments: