Wednesday, June 27, 2007

For Lovers of Pettis...

There are two kinds of women's clothes I will always have a special attraction to. One is the mini-dress that took fashion by storm in the mid- to late-'60s, just as I was going through puberty and all the girls I wanted (and wanted to dress like) were wearing them.

The other is the bouffant skirt floating over layers of petticoats, as worn by adult women through the 1950s and well into the '60s. Here's a video of the opening clips from television's The Loretta Young Show, in which the hostess whirls into the room in a different beautiful dress every week:



I have some other petti videos I can embed as well...and if I find any of the '60s styles, I'll post those, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to see those videos. ;-)