Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Crossdressers.com

I have decided to stop participating at Crossdressers.com and I am deleting the link to that site.

After two rather snotty and abrupt messages from administrators there--one about photos posted identical to ones here and one about the link to this blog on my profile--it's clear to me that they are, all in all, way too prudish about perfectly innocent stuff.

What really ticked me off is when they objected to the link to this blog--which has been there since I joined their forum--and refused to outline their specific objections, saying only "if I read the rules, I'll know." Well, I read the rules, and I haven't a clue.

I don't object to any site having rules, I object to them treating participants as children, and taking a heavy-handed approach to violations. What's wrong with "Hey, Dani, I think the stuff you just posted may be a problem and here's why...." as opposed to "You've violated our rules, we've removed the offending stuff, now you figure out how you offended."

It's a shame I have to do this, as there were a lot of good people over there.

Follow-up: They're even refusing to delete my account, claiming the rules say they don't have to.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

well, love, I can't imagine what could be offensive about your page. I like it. good luck, wherever you go next.
kisses
julia xx

Anonymous said...

Yeah well I found the administrators of crossdressers.com to be the worst offenders of anyone on that forum, especially that Tamara Croft who only seems to like throwing her weight around

Anonymous said...

Yep - for a site that's supposed to be provide support for CD/TS folks, Tamara Croft is the antithesis of that! Suprised someone hasn't hunted her down in Nottingham and punched her right in the mouth. She is a sorry piece of work ...

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartidly. You know its funny, everything that Ive found on the internet about this woman has been all negative, nothing good. There is a point when there is so much of the same opinion that it becomes fact, and the fact is, this person is horrible, creepy, insensitive, hypocritical, and power hungry. The truth is, if she werent in a position of power, she would have been kicked out ages ago.

Anonymous said...

I've recently left crossdressers.com for similar reasons. Heavy-handed, rude censorship by the admins. I don't need that crap in my life.