Friday, August 25, 2017

Say 'Yes' to tbe Dress (and More)

Another little essay from Hannah McKnight:

Is there anyone on the planet that has a bigger, more emotional relationship with clothes than a crossdresser?

As far back as I can remember, I remember the pangs of seeing a beautiful dress and just yearning to wear it. As I got older the feeling just grew. There was always a longing in my heart when I heard of girls in high school shopping for a prom dress, and later, listening to my friends talk about wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses.

I think every one of us remembers the first time we wore a dress, the first time we walked in high heels, the first time we wore…anything and everything.

As I grew up and started to buy my own clothes, I remember the thrill of actually owning my own pair of panties, my first pair of heels. Of course when I first moved out my wardrobe started to expand…and like many of us, the wardrobe ended up in the trash a short time later. When we purged we all felt that this was it, we were never going to dress up again. We could beat this, we could live without this.

Of course, we were all fooling ourselves. It wasn’t long until we regretted the purge or until we were back at the mall, shopping all over again. I purged more times than I would like to remember. I have thrown away so many dresses and heels that I regret.

No comments: