Wednesday, July 10, 2019

What is Cross-Dressing?

Hannah McKnight answers the question.

What crossdressing does for the individual person is as unique as the person. Someone might feel beautiful, powerful, horny, calm, happy, whatever. I do not believe a crossdresser is necessarily a pervert. I do not believe everyone who identifies as a crossdresser is wearing what they want for a sexual reason. Yes, there are those that do, but not everyone.

A crossdresser may have a limited scope for what they enjoy wearing. Some crossdressers may only enjoy wearing high heels or lingerie. For some it’s all about eyeliner and that’s it. Some crossdressers will wear anything from wigs to stockings to skirts to leggings to jewelry. There’s really no right or wrong way to crossdress. So, just like my definition of transgender is pretty far-reaching, my definition of crossdressing is just as expansive. I believe that by having an expanded perspective on this word, it makes it more socially acceptable. It challenges the exhausting, inaccurate, and common ‘crossdressers are perverts” opinion.

For the record, cross-dressing is most decidedly sexual for me. But I think Hannah is right...not every CD gets a sexual thrill from doing it.


No comments: