Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fixing My Face

As I've noted, I wear a beard in real life, one I cannot shave off without raising questions better not answered. In addition, as mentioned in an earlier post today, my eyes seem to have become quite sensitive to makeup.

So, I decided to see what I could do to digitally deal with all this. I started by taking pics of my male self (with and without my wig). Then I worked on "removing" the beard as best as I could. (Results varied, I think. Comments welcome.)

Then I went to iVillage and its "Makeover-o-matic" to apply what I thought were the best looks for me (including glasses, since I wear them all the time in male mode.)

Here are some samples and comparisons. In each set, the first shot is an unaltered pic of me en femme from my 20s, the last time I dressed and made-up for "external" viewing. The second is the same shot "glammed up" with digital manipulation. The third and fourth are the most recent shots, from today, fixed up as described.






As always, comments are welcome.

No comments: