Friday, July 25, 2008

My Good Deed...

...for the day:

I pulled into my driveway, and there was a momma duck and a brood of about eight ducklings crossing from my yard into my neighbor's, on the way to the creek that borders his property. The ducklings went through the chain link fence, but momma didn't fit.

I walked over and opened the gate. I watched as they crossed his yard to gate on the other side, in a wooden fence. I thought they'd all fit under the gate, but again, momma couldn't squeeze through. So I went into my neighbor's yard and opened that gate, too. Of course, momma and kids scampered to the other side of the yard when I entered...but I left and watched from a safe distance until they all safely went through the gate. Then I went in and closed the gate behind them.

No comments: