Friday, August 15, 2008

Next Week

I'll be on vacation from work next week...and though the first couple of days are taken up with pre-planned errands, the rest of the week could be quite fun.

Actually, the Monday errand could be productive as well. I'm going to visit my Mom, and to clean some stuff out of her attic that's been there for decades. Among that stuff are a lot of slides I took back in the day, some of which may include pics of me in femme mode back then, pics I don't currently have copies of.

Tuesday, son goes back to college.

My plan is for Wednesday to be a shopping day--I know Target and Payless both have some shoes I'm interested in, and I'm pretty sure I can find some nice outfits in other places. I'm primed to get back into things now that summer's almost over.

Thursday will be the big day. Wife will be gone from early morning until late in the evening...so I can dress the whole day. Lots of pics for sure.

Friday will be blogging and posting day and, if I'm right about those photos from Mom's house, finding out about getting slides scanned.

I'm already excited.

4 comments:

Karen Singer said...

Sounds like you're going to have a great week. I know you'll especially enjoy all the shopping.

Karen

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

Yes, I will...I get a real kick out of that. Have to decide if I'm going to wear my kitten heels and hose when I go shopping. I might...so I can try on shoes more easily!

If I go to Burlington Coat Factory (the only place I'm comfortable trying on clothes IN the store), I might see if I can bring along a pair of heels, too...so I can properly judge the length of skirts!

Karen Singer said...

I've been in our Burlington Coat Factury here, but I've never had the courage to try on clothes there. I sure wish I did! I envy you. I also wear pantyhose whenever I'm going to be shoe shopping - well actually I've been wearing them all the time for the last month - but I've never had the courage to try on the shoes before I buy them either. Someday, someday!

Enjoy Dani, Enjoy
Karen

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

At the time I usually get to Burlington--right after they open on a weekday morning--the place is pretty empty. No one notices if you take a dress into the men's fitting room. (I wouldn't try to go to the women's!)

As for shoes--at Payless, nobody ever seems to care. I think they're just happy for the sale...and this applies to every Payless I've ever been to. At Target, I'm a little more careful about being alone in the aisle when I slip on a pair of heels.

I have prepared an explanation if it comes to that: "I'm doing a play with a local theater group where I have to dress in drag...."