Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Vacation Shopping Spree, Part 1

Having gotten son to school sooner and quicker than anticipated, I decided to a preliminary scouting expedition for tomorrow's shopping spree.

First stop was K-Mart, where they are having a But-One-Get-One-Half-Price sale on virtually all women's clothes. I spotted a couple of really attractive outfits in their Jaclyn Smith line...and in my size! Unfortunately, they don't seem to be in the on-line store, so I can't show you them. I'm certainly picking up one or more of them tomorrow.

Second stop was Target. Also spotted some nice outfits. One of them was, I think, this dress:

Mossimo® Black: Flutter-Sleeve Wrap Dress With Tie Back

And I also checked out the shoes there, because on an earlier visit I had seen quite few very cute and sexy new arrivals. I went ahead and bought two of them, feared that they wouldn't be around in my size too long.

Here's the first:
Women's Merona® Melany Pumps - Red

And the second:
Women's Mossimo® Velda Patent Oxford Pumps - Red















As I checked out with both boxes closed, the cashier said, "For you?" and opened the first box, with the "Velda" pumps. "I guess not," she said. "How about these?" she asked again, opening the second box. She just looked up and smiled. You have no idea how much I was tempted to say "Yes" both times!

Of course, I tried the shoes on as soon as I got home (couldn't in the store, I was wearing athletic socks), and they are terrific, especially those "Velda" pumps. I'm still wearing them now!

2 comments:

Karen Singer said...

I crawled all through our Target store twice this week and didn't see any pretty shoes like those - especially in my size. I'm so glad you found some great ones. Enjoy them, I know I would!

Karen

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

What a shame--I know they're part of the regular line, because they're also on the website!

If you don't mind my asking--and you can reply in e-mail if you want (prettysissydani@yahoo.com)--where are you located, Karen? I'm in the suburbs of Philly.