Friday, July 19, 2013

Independent Sissy 12

It is so hot around here ~ heat index of 105 this afternoon ~ that I almost decided not to dress at all. Then I realized if I moved the photo venue in the house, I could do it in air-conditioned comfort. So I did.



The black dotted minidress is from Target's Merona line in January 2010; the shoes are the first ones Dani ever bought, black mary-janes by Isaac Mizrahi from Target in November 2007. Other accessories are black cloche hat, scarf, and red jewelry.



The cloche doesn't make for quite as pretty a portrait as the other hats I own.


Actually, I wish I could find a cloche designed like the 1920s styles worn by actress Essie Davis as Phryne Fisher, in the Australian mystery series:


See how the brim is wider and projects forward in the front?

Anyway, more pics on Flickr; art over the weekend; and dressing resumes on Monday. Also resuming next week is an old favorite ~ "Women We'd Love to Be" ~ in a new format.

1 comment:

MommysSlave said...

You would look incredible in that cloche! I hope you can find one.