Sunday, October 19, 2008

48 Hours of Girlhood, prologue

Have you ever thought the gods were posed to thwart you? That's how I felt this morning. I got the wife off on her trip and even had time to do a quick shopping trip for a sudden inspiration...more on that later.

I got home, and began to set up for the photo sessions. I picked up the camera from my desk and noted an odd rattling. Undisturbed at first, I turned on the camera...and nothing happened. I checked the batteries. Aha! One of them is in backwards. I switched it and turned the camera on again...still nothing!

Damn, damn, double damn, triple damn, hell! The camera did fall off the desk earlier this week, but it's had shocks like that before without incident so I thought nothing of it. Well, I made a quick trip to find a new camera. There was just one consideration--I wanted it to be as close as possible to the old one, for two reasons:

1. Always easiest to use a camera that works like the one you're used to.

2. I want to keep the new purchase from wife for as long as possible. If she sees a new camera, she'll ask..."Why did you feel the need to replace the old one so quickly?"

Actually, since I rarely use the camera around the house except for special occasions, I can probably keep it safe from her for a couple of weeks. By then, I'll be shooting pics of the high school show...and if the camera is busted, I can use that as an excuse!

I'm going to eat lunch, then finish setting up, dress, and begin my 48 hours of girlhood!

Addendum: Gee--now the old one is working again! I'll keep both though, since the new one is better.

No comments: