Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dark Lady

A week or so back, I discussed the possibility of getting a new blonde wig (the curly one is getting rather ratty looking), and regular correspondent Karen suggested an alternative. "We've seen you as a redhead and a blonde, why not brunette?" she asked.

Well, I didn't want to go with brown--that's my natural color (now sprinkled with gray)--and I like to have my femme self have a distinctly different look. So I found a black wig. It's shoulder-length and straight...the manufacturer calls it "Cleopatra" (but I always thought of her hair as longer than this).

You saw it briefly in the final shots of the "In My Closet" series posted earlier today. Now, here are some portraits of the new "dark" me:



Additional portraits are on Flickr.

2 comments:

Karen Singer said...

I don't think the black looks bad on you at all, almost natural in a way. You've now got several really good wigs that work for you and this is another one.

Karen

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

Later this week or early next I have to do some more photography with this one. I want to get a better handle on what works with it.