Monday, March 16, 2009

Rules of This Place

In my other life, I have just been banned from a message board I've been an active participant in for more than a decade. Why? I expressed an opinion the board owner didn't agree with. First, he cut off all discussion regarding my point in the relevant thread...and when I took the discussion to e-mail, to try to explain myself and better understand him, he called that an "unwarranted intrusion on his time" and banned me from the board.

I just want everyone who regularly reads this blog to know that will never happen here. All relevant comments are welcome. (Spam is not.) It's why I don't moderate comments before posting.

In case you can't tell, I'm pissed off by this.

On a happier note, I will return to cataloging my wardrobe sometime next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Left or right, you're free to agree with me. All others must f*ck off! Censorship, the new American way.

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

Anonymous:

Yeah, I can't figure out why anyone would feel the need to suck up to a mostly second-rate, largely unemployed comic-book writer.

Lisa Norman said...

After ten years of participation this must feel pretty terrible. This happened about five years to a fried of mine, and a bunch of us just left the board in question and formed our own. The website owner lost some of his most active participants and we gained a space where we could speak freely without worrying about jerks.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I know that after all that time, it's probably about friends as much as the place.