Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Weekend Adventure Begins

The wife is away until Tuesday afternoon...so for the next four days or so, I intend to be dressed as much as possible--certainly I will always have on at least one item of feminine apparel, even when I leave the house.

The other major part of this adventure is wearing makeup...for real. The pics you'll see this weekend will have no digital trickery, save for removing my beard. The lips and eyes will be real--I haven't done this in nearly three decades, so please be kind in your comments! (One of the interesting things is getting used to looking through mascaraed lashes!) I'd originally wanted to try using press-on nails as well, but I just couldn't get them to work satisfactorily.

So, to start, I put on my new zebra-print dress from Target. I'm wearing it with a white hair bow, black and white jewelry, a black belt, taupe hose and the black mary-janes.





And, so everyone can critique the make-up job, here's a somewhat closer look. These have all been soft-focused (OK, so I'm a little vain....)



Additional pics are on Flickr; more will be posted later tonight. In the meantime, I'll be working on a completely different project. I have no idea if this is going to work...but I had an inspiration and I want to try it out.

No comments: