Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Continuing the Story

So, I'd finally found some outlets for my need to dress and a way to use my particular fantasies.

About this time, I met the girl who would become my wife. Although she discovered my "hobby" fairly early on in our relationship, she was never comfortable with it. We tried some things at times--I slept with her wearing a nightgown a few times--but it never turned her on and eventually she became thoroughly turned off by it all. But I love her and I decided I would simply keep my fantasy life a fantasy.


In the meantime, I took a job in upstate New York and my friendship with Bobbi and Steve ended because of that. All chances to dress came to a close...and I haven't dressed in 25 years as a result.

Here are the last two pictures I have of myself in female mode, both taken by me about two months before I moved north.

The upstate job only lasted about nine months and my wife and I were soon back in New York City. Our first child was born about four years later. I got back in touch with Steve, quite by accident, around that time. We talked about our shared interest and all, but with Bobbi out of the picture, dressing seemed to be out for both of us.

More and more of my "other life" began to be tied to computers. I participated in discussion groups on Compuserve (remember that?), Usenet, and private boards. I contributed stories to all of them. Finally, about 15 years ago, I got a web-capable computer and as the web exploded, I started doing more and more work there, eventually creating my first website on Geocities. It eventually moved to a half-dozen other providers over the years, constantly expanding, with more stories, essays and art (more about that later). Finally, when my last webhost disappeared, I decided to put the site on extended hiatus (and, like in TV, that phrase really means "cancellation"). I was "written out" by that point, anyway.

More soon.

No comments: