Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shopping...

...but no surprises.

Some backstory: My auto insurance company sent me a $50 prepaid debit card, just for being a "paperless" customer. Yay ~ free "Dani" money! But what to do with it?

Well, I've been considering a new wig, one close to my natural hair ~ either gray or salt-and-pepper. So I headed off to the wig store in the local mall. They had a few that would work, but all were "real hair" and priced way beyond my means. So, there went that idea, at least for now.

But, since I was at the mall, I decided to check out J.C. Penney, a place I hadn't been since they started their new "Fair and Square" pricing policy. I was pleasantly surprised! Lots of attractive clothes and at prices I could afford...prices not out of line with the ones I regularly find at Target and Kmart.

More importantly, they had lots of stuff on clearance ~ so I got a new top and skirt for $13 (about what I'd pay for a similar outfit at the thrift store)!

Yeah, I know...I'm in the middle of cataloguing my extensive wardrobe; the last thing I need is new clothes, right?

You'll see that new outfit and maybe some more next week (after all I still have nearly $40 I can spend).

No comments: