Sunday, November 6, 2016

November Dressing 3: Wearing the Night Sky

My fave of all my formal evening wear...and an unfortunate story behind the shoes.



The midnight blue velvet dress with gold flecks is by Teddi Evening, a thrift shop find in August 2013. Accessories include a blue bow, gold jewelry, and natural hose.

The story behind the shoes: I bought them last month specifically to go with this outfit and my other gold formal attire. They are from Payless and cost just five dollars, after a clearance and a BOGO sale. The box said 10W. They seemed to actually be just a 10...but the tightest 10 I have ever worn in my life! So tight, I decided I couldn't bear to wear them for even one more photo session. Too late to return them, so they're at Goodwill, where perhaps some other lucky girl (or "girl") will find them a good fit.



Portraits:



This is probably my last dressing for November and for "year 9" of Dani. You have until Tuesday morning to respond to the survey at the right (details here)!

No comments: