Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Liking How We Look

Hannah McKnight answers the question: "When did you start liking how you look as a girl?"

The first time I was completely en femme, which was about ten years ago, I was enraptured. I didn’t look like a man in a dress and a wig, I was unrecognizable. At least that’s how I thought and how I felt. Of all the things I was thinking in those first moments I think the thing that was the loudest was that I could see something I could work with, if you will. I was on cloud nine the whole evening.

So many small things impact how we feel about ourselves and when I am en femme I am filled with many small things. My forms, my pads, my outfit, accessories, makeup, hair, my body shape… It all needs to come together. It’s like baking a cake, I suppose. If you don’t have the right ingredients it’s just not going to work.

AND! Sometimes everything can go right but sometimes we just don’t feel it. We might look cute, but we don’t feel that way. How we feel will win out (for good and for bad) EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have dresses that I feel are just kind of… meh but if I am in the right mood it becomes the cutest dress in the world. Of course the opposite is true, too.

So, to answer your question, I more or less liked how I looked right away, but that doesn’t mean I always like how I look. I still have plenty of times where I feel I look like a man in a wig.

No comments: