Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The Costs of Cross-Dressing

Hannah McKnight has some thoughts on what it takes to cross-dress successfully:

If I have a philosophy, it’s “crossdressing takes time, money, and patience”.

This side of us takes time because we learn over time. We get better at makeup the more often we put makeup on....Like a butterfly pushing its way out of a cocoon. It took time to acknowledge this side of me, to accept it wasn’t a phase, and to embrace who I was. Each stage took time, it took a long time to get to where I am today.

Crossdressing or presenting en femme isn’t cheap, at least it isn’t for me. Sure, I can put panties or a nightgown on and I am crossdressing. It’s about as inexpensive as crossdressing gets. But being en femme is another story altogether.

And finally, patience. This is the hardest part for me.

I got to thinking about all of this a couple weeks ago when I was getting dressed. In the early days my wife and I would have a girls night on Saturdays and I would get dolled up. It took about thirty minutes to get dressed and do my makeup. These days it takes that same amount of time to just put on my corset, stockings, pads, and forms. Being en femme takes more prep work and planning than it used to.

[O]nce you start thinking about this other than about clothes, you need to know that this is a side of yourself that you need to invest your time in, spend your money on, and be kind to yourself while you are being patient.

No comments: