Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Cross-Dressing: The Open Door

Hannah McKnight discusses why we cross-dress:

...I don’t know WHY someone crossdresses....I believe people should wear what they want, no matter which gender the clothes are designed for. This…., well, it’s not enlightened exactly, but this perspective de-genderizes clothes. Why should only girls wear leggings and nightgowns and cute panties? Anyone should be able to wear what they want, and anyone CAN.

So why does someone crossdress? Because, well, they want to. There’s something about dresses or stilettos or makeup that simply draws their attention or curiosity. There is something alluring and enchanting about lingerie or a little black dress. A man might be attracted to a girl because they are wearing a leather miniskirt and fishnets, but for someone like us, we might also want to WEAR the leather miniskirt and fishnets. I know I do, and I do. Let’s think of this as a door, in a way. This new door is open to someone like us, the door that connects noticing the girl in the skirt and (opens the door) wanting to wear what she is wearing.

... I sleep in a nightgown, when I wake up in the morning I wear panties and leggings. I wear “girl clothes” in boy mode. I wear nighties, panties, femme jeans, and leggings because they are comfortable. I don’t care (but I love that they are) that they are “for girls”. You could invent the most comfortable, softest pair of leggings in the world and some men would still refuse to wear them, even in private, because they are “for girls”. Not someone like us. We don’t care that they are for girls. In fact, since they are for girls some of us want to wear them even more.

My point in all of this is to express that wanting to wear girl clothes doesn’t necessarily mean that one wants to BE a girl. I don’t want to be a girl full-time. I like going back and forth between genders. I like wearing girl clothes in boy mode.

No comments: