Thursday, October 13, 2011

Octoberfest: Lounging Around

When I was dressing in my 20s, I never even considered wearing pants. "After all, I wear pants all the time as a guy; girls wear skirts and dresses." Of course, even then, in the late '70s, it wasn't true--girls wore pants all the time, just different pants from guys.

Now, in middle age, I find women's slacks very comfortable. A good example--these lovely orange palazzo pants from Kmart's Jaclyn Smith line. (And if your in my age and size range and haven't considered this line of clothes, you should.) They're combined here with the white blouse from Target's Attention line.


I think the thing that makes pants look feminine is flow, first of all, and getting at least a hint of heel at the hem. Accessories here are white bow, gold jewelry and faux snake-skin bone pumps.


One of my best portraits since I started doing the eye makeup...the eyes look good and the expression and pose are attractive and feminine.


More pics on Flickr; the final outfit for the week will be posted tomorrow.





No comments: