Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Interlude

So, who impressed you on the Oscars last night? Whose gown would you have wanted to be wearing? For the first time in several years, I was not taken with the clothes worn by any of the ladies "of a certain age" ~ even Meryl Streep seemed frumpy.

Here are my faves:

Charlize Theron:



Tall and regal...and, to me, with that short hair, the epitome of what a gorgeous cross-dressed guy could look like. (And, wow, who knew she could dance?)

Catherine Zeta Jones:



Does she ever look bad? How can she still manage this at her age and after a couple of kids? (And she was even sexier in the Chicago number!)

Anne Hathaway:



What a shame they already did an Audrey Hepburn biopic (with the miscast Jennifer Love Hewitt)...isn't Anne simply the epitome of Audrey here?

Jennifer Lawrence:



She fell on her way to the stage...but to get to wear that gown, I'd risk even that!

Naomi Watts:



It's the combination of the sparkle and the unusual cut of the neckline that draws me to this.

Let me know your favorites.

No comments: