Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Trans, Drag, and Cross-Dressing

Hannah McKnight links us to an article about terminology:

I think one of the biggest conversations we have is one concerning labels and how we identify. There tends to be a lot of qualifiers when we state how we identify as well. For example, when I state as transgender, I qualify that word with why I identify that way so I am not misunderstood. Being transgender does not always mean transitioning. I was never comfortable with identifying as a crossdresser as it felt rather… well, not quite right as to who I was.

There’s a fascinating article on Medium.com that discusses these terms better than I ever could.

"…crossdressers can inhabit both worlds, that of their assigned gender at birth and that of their alternate gender expression. Many, but certainly not all, crossdressers express their alternate personae in private."

No comments: