Tuesday, April 21, 2020

...But Why?

Hannah McKnight explores answers to the question we always get asked when we tell someone we cross-dress:

It’s the question they keep coming to when we come out to someone. It’s also the question that we struggle with the most.

We dress to reflect how we feel. If I am feeling *amazing* then out comes a leather dress and black patent heels. If I am feeling ugly and I need to snap out of it, I dress in the prettiest dress I have. Magic is real and it’s hanging in our closets.

I have been who I am long enough to know that for the most part this side of us is not able to be explained. It’s just who we are. We were born this way. I can’t explain who I am, or why I am to anyone. I can try, and they might get it, but I never feel I can effectively express the simplicity or how deeply this side of me is ingrained in who I am.

We can’t change who we are. We shouldn’t.
We can’t express with words who we are. But our clothes can.

No comments: