Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Developing Your Style

As usual, Hannah McKnight has some wise words about finding your femme style.
We discover our style by trying a lot of different clothes. Which is super fun (and expensive). When I moved from simply underdressing to actual real clothes, I was drawn more to formal wear and little black dresses. To me, there was nothing more beautiful than a gorgeous gown and nothing more classic than a little black dress. The thought of getting dressed up, and I mean REALLY dressed up was so exciting for me. A beautiful dress, amazing heels, perfect accessories, flawless makeup… the only thing missing was a place to go.

Once I lost weight and became more comfortable going out, my wardrobe started to reflect my confidence. Since I also stopped caring about “passing” and accepted that as a six foot tall t-girl I was never going to blend in, I decided to wear whatever I wanted. These days I love bright dresses, I love eye-catching patterns, I love floral print dresses, I love clothes that show off the parts of me that I love, such as my legs.

For me, it takes more than the clothes. I have to feel comfortable in them, I have to feel confident in them. Without comfort and confidence the outfit, no matter how cute, just doesn’t work.

Hannah’s style might be a reaction or response to days and days and days of boring boy clothes. When I did go into an office everyday it was always the same shirts and the same three pairs of dress pants. The options as to what Hannah could wear to work, or anywhere, is endless.

No comments: