Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The Emotional Part of Clothes

Hannah McKnight talks about the cross-dresser's emotional attachment to clothes. It starts with a question from a reader:

I have listened to women from grade school to adulthood complaining about all these clothing items as well as makeup and long hair and shaving their legs while I sit there and wish I could be in any of their places. I have been wearing hose and panties every day, as well as a bra and breast forms whenever I can and have yet to find them intolerable and instead prefer to be in them.

So, Hannah, is it just my clothing fetish or do real girls really not appreciate the pleasures of being female?


T-Girls have a unique, and often personal and intimate relationship with clothes. Stilettos, bras, stockings, corsets, are thrilling for us. Slip on a pair of heels and I am walking on air… for a while.

I dress to the nines because I heart it. I underdress because I love lingerie and it helps me stay connected to my femme side. How I dress is my choice.

But not everyone has that choice. Speaking in very broad terms, society has expectations as to how a girl should look, how a girl should dress. Whether this is a real dress code or not, many people (mostly men if we are being honest) expect women to be in full makeup and wear heels. Of course, that’s easy for someone to say if they have never worn heels or an underwire bra before.

To paraphrase the common saying, the gender is always easier on the other side of the closet. Have you ever had a girl say to you (in male mode) how lucky men are? They don’t have to shave their legs, look a certain way, dress in a certain style, color their gray hair… society has different expectations of someone based on their gender presentation. It looks easier (and in my experience, it is) to present as male.

As for whether this is a fetish or not, only you can answer that.

Walking a mile in heels is not the same thing as walking a mile in every women’s shoes, if you follow me.

No comments: