Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Always Thrilling

Hannah McKnight explains why dressing girly is always exciting:

... I absolutely love and aspire to look as cute and as femme as possible. Although a girl doesn’t have to have a certain shape, I love the hourglass figure a tightly cinched corset gives me. I love wearing cute heels that match my outfit perfectly. I live for the cupid bow on my lips, the seductive look false eyelashes give. I love sexy lingerie under my dress. I love it all.

Although I don’t really know WHY I am wired the way I am, I do know WHY I wanted to wear what I wear all those years ago. When I was young I was simply fascinated by beautiful lingerie, I imagined it would be (and it is!) so much fun to wear a dress. I was drawn to this beautiful and in a way, forbidden, world and jumped in as soon as I had the chance. Trying on my sister’s dress, the first time I wore a bra, the new perspective that stilettos gave me (I was so tall!).

No matter how many times I go out en femme, no matter how many dresses I own, no matter how many makeovers I have, I still get that thrill, that joy, that happiness that I had the very first time I did, well, any of this. I’ll never get used to this, I’ll never get bored. The thrill will never be gone. And I know you know what I mean.

I do what I do, and I wear what I wear because, well, I have to. I can’t ignore, deny, or repress this side of me. I must acknowledge and accept and embrace who I am. To do anything less would chip away at my soul (wow, that sounds dramatic but it’s true). But I do what I do, and wear what I wear because I absolutely love this world, this beautiful world of delicate lingerie, skyscraper stilettos, beautiful gowns, and flawless makeup. I love who I am and I love who you are too.

No comments: