Tuesday, November 30, 2021

My Purge Story

A week ago, I linked to and quoted from Hannah McKnight's thoughts on purging; I thought it would be suitable to talk about my own history.

I first started accumulating a feminine wardrobe when I moved out of my mother's home in my early 20s. Within a few years, I had a good collection of lingerie, four or five dresses, some skirts and blouses, and three or four pairs of shoes. That all went away when I moved from New York City to a small town in upstate New York shortly before I got married. That was my first purge.

In the first 25 years of my marriage, I occasionally bought some new things--mostly lingerie and shoes--but they never stayed for long. About 14 years ago, the urge to dress took hold again and I started acquiring femme attire (I think a bit of "empty-nest syndrome" explains this, as my children had both mostly moved out by that time). First came panties, then hosiery, then high heels...and within six months, I had a considerable collection. Over the next decade, I did several "mini-purges" which I called "cullings"--as I went through the wardrobe and disposed of the items I seldom wore or which I decided were no longet to my taste. Still, by 2019, I had some 25 dresses, and about the same number each of skirts and blouses. I had about 30 pairs of shoes and, of course, lots of panties and bras and hose.

And I began to get careless about keeping it all hidden. (My wife has never understood or accepted my cross-dressing.) Little items--usually jewelry or hair accessories--would be missed when straightening up after a dressing/photo session. M wife put her foot down--it all had to go. I resolved to get rid of it...and I did, for the most part. All the dresses, skirts, and blouses went to Goodwill, as did most of the shoes. The undies were simply trashed.

I still have a couple of pairs of panties, two bras, and three or four pairs of heels. I guess you could say I kept them for sentimental reasons. Once in a while, I surreptitiously wear them under male attire in what I call "secret sissy" days.

But my full-on dressing days are gone forever.

No comments: