Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Who I Am Not

Hannah McKnight discusses what she identifies as and what she doesn't:

I think gender identity is as varied and as intimate and as personal as one’s religious beliefs. Some people struggle with their faith if what they believe doesn’t line up with what their religion teaches. When I was growing up I was told I was a boy (and I still am sometimes) but part of me wondered how I could be a boy if I wanted to wear dresses?

Part of me wondered what gender identity (and what I wanted to wear) had anything to do with sexuality. These days I still don’t think there’s a clear and straight (lol) line between gender identity and sexual preference but I know that every time I come out to someone THIS question will likely be asked.

If we are going to come out to someone, we are going to be asked WHO we are and WHAT we want. At the same time we also need to be prepared to discuss who we are NOT. What don’t we want? There’s a lot I want (flying pretty, a beautiful floor length back gown with a sweetheart neckline…) but this side of me is not about sex. Again, I know for some this side of us is a fetish or at the very least there’s an aspect of arousal.

I did my lingerie shoot because I felt confident and comfortable. I didn’t do it because I wanted to show off or anything like that. Posting a picture from that shoot is more about being comfortable with who I am and my body. I am not surprised that those types of pictures generate certain types of comments. Not because I think I’m sexy or anything, but that’s kind of how it goes.

I am not a sissy. I am not looking for sex. I am not confused. I am not a drag queen. I am not transitioning.

There’s a lot of things I am, but there are a lot more that I am not.

Let me say here that unlike Hannah, for me dressing is very much a sexual thing. I get an erotic charge out of panties and a bra, or the feel of high heels. Is that a fetish? I don't know...

No comments: