Thursday, September 24, 2009

Old Dress, New Shoes

I went shopping yesterday...starting with Payless, hoping to find any of those shoes I've been searching for. Still no luck. I'm giving up...I'll check Payless out occasionally, as I've always done, and if I see one of those styles, I'll pick it up when I can afford it.

But I also went to Wal-Mart, looking for inexpensive t-shirts for a set of outfits you'll begin to see later today...and found a surprise! I'd first seen these shoes on a woman at a museum the wife and I visited and secretly admired them. I figured they came from some department store or something and that I'd never be able to afford them or even find them in my size.

Imagine my surprise when I spotted them at Wal-Mart and in my size 11! (Wal-Mart rarely has much of anything above a 9....)

As you can see, they're a mary-jane style in a brown plaid, with three-inch blocky wooden heels. Aren't they as cute as all get-out?



So, what to wear them with? Well, the obvious answer seemed to be my fave brown knit dress from Kmart...and sure enough they look smashing together:



More pics on Flickr and another outfit later today.

No comments: