Tuesday, December 11, 2012

14 Days Until Christmas ~ Catching Up

So, other than being Dani whenever possible (and working), what have I been up to?

Well, some of you are aware that I am very involved in community theater...and I have just begun rehearsals for a production of Forbidden Broadway's Greatest Hits. If you're not familiar with Forbidden Broadway, here's a link to the Wikipedia entry.

I'm excited by this because it's the first time I've had a chance to sing on stage since I did Into the Woods several years ago. (I often have trouble getting roles in musicals because my dancing skills are nearly non-existent, plus there's a paucity of roles for men in their 50s and 60s.) Plus, I get to do parodies of some of my fave roles--the narrator in the aforementioned Into the Woods and Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof among them. Apparently, I will also have the chance to cross-dress on stage in public! I'm set to do the Harvey Fierstein role in the Hairspray parody!

I'll keep you all informed as rehearsals continue.

Don't forget to vote in the poll (details here)!

No comments: