Tuesday, August 25, 2020

MIstress Lola Speaks

More thoughts from my hypno-mistress:

1. Being hypnotized can become addictive (I know it is for me, to some extent). Is hypnotizing someone--being the hypnotist, not the subject--equally addictive?

For some people I imagine it is. Certainly the first time you learn how to hypnotise others, you just want to do it to everyone you meet. I don't know that I've ever been addicted to it as such...it's not like I need to hypnotise someone to get through the day or anything like that. I'd liken it more to discovering a new TV show you enjoy - you might binge watch it at first, but after a while you start watching it at a more relaxed pace. Certainly for me it's become more of a every-so-often pleasure rather than an addiction. I suppose because there's more work involved looking after the subject, guiding them, making sure they are kept comfortable, making sure their desires are met etc. There's too much to do for it to be a simple pleasure, like smoking or gambling or other things one can become addicted to.

2. A more general question: What is the "kinky" scene in the UK like? Are there regular places for those with a fetish--be it hypno, fem-dom, cross-dressing, whatever--to get together? (I realize the pandemic has probably put a halt to most of that for now.)

I imagine it has, but honestly I wouldn't know. I'm aware that some places have a 'mash', which is where people with kinky interests can meet up with each other (I believe there's one in my city, though I've never been to confirm), but I'm not sure about anything official. I suppose crossdressers might enjoy Blackpool, where I know there's at least one hotel that caters to crossdressers and transgenders, and Manchester's Canal Street is a good place for people to visit (think of it as Manchester's gay village). Quite a few cities seem to have their version of Canal Street (I know there's a gay quarter in Birmingham for example), but for specific fetish meet-ups, I can only imagine it's word-of-mouth events. To be honest I've never really been invited to anything like that, so I can't say for certain.

No comments: