Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Altered Outfits, part four

Here's the last of the outfits, and my personal fave. I love the way the belt on this one actually defines my otherwise nearly non-existent waist. (Gotta get more belts!) The waist on this was taken in and the hem taken up about five inches.

I'm wearing it with black hose and the red peep-toe pumps. I stayed in this outfit most of the morning, changing only when I needed to run errands. And then, I left on all my lingerie (including putting my camisole on under a shirt) and wore the girls' moccasins out. More of this one can be seen here.


Returning home, I switched the mocs for the black patents with the kitten heel. I wanted to feel especially femme today, and the "tap-tap-tap" of those heels on the floor added to it, not to mention looking down to see their shiny, pointed toes peeking out from my jeans.

Speaking of shoes and things I need/want to get--I've been looking for an attractive pair of white shoes for a month now. I realize white is traditionally for spring, but Easter is less than a week away and I haven't found a thing in my usual places (Payless, Target, etc.) Lots of neutrals (bone seems to be "in") and white in flats or low, chunky heels, but nothing elegantly high and feminine. Maybe as we get closer to Memorial Day.

I'm also looking for attractive blouses to mix and match with my skirts. And, as noted, belts...preferably wide ones with big buckles to accentuate the waist.

No comments: