Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Make-Up Issues

Over the weekend, I bought some makeup for the first time in years, because a local store was having a sale. I figured it was time to try my hand at it again.

I discovered three things:

1. I've lost all my skill at applying makeup. It came out terribly. With practice, I could probably improve, but then we get to #3 below.

2. My face has changed. It's a little heavier, my brow seems lower, and, of course, I have 30 years of wear and tear since I last tried to look feminine from the neck up.

3. I may not be able to wear most eye makeup anymore. Since I tried it on yesterday (and I only had it on for an hour or so), my eyes have been very irritated. I knew my eyes had gotten more sensitive over the years--I can't use anything in them except saline--but this suprised me.

So--looks like all my makeup will be "digital" for awhile.

No comments: