Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Let It Go

Some sage advice from Hannah McKnight on accepting yourself:

Since you’ve accepted this side of you, you may as well embrace it. You are no longer hating yourself for who you are. It’s time to do the opposite. Love who you are. Love yourself by buying that dress, wearing those panties, waking up in a nightgown, getting a manicure. How long have you been wanting to do that? How many trips to the mall have you walked past that cute dress shop wanting to go in? Probably a million times. Or at least it feels that way.

Before you come out to someone, I encourage you to live with this part of you for a bit. Try different things. See what feels right. For some of us, this is absolutely about lingerie. They might branch out into dresses or getting a makeover and realize that is not who they are. For some, and this was my experience, I completely thought this was about underdressing. Then I tried makeup. And dresses. And heels. And a wig. I kept going. I stopped identifying as a crossdresser and started to identify as transgender.

And then I stopped. There was no next step.



No comments: