Wednesday, February 19, 2020

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Dresses....

The always inspiring Hannah McKnight teaches us about accepting who we are:

The majority of emails I receive ask me “how do I crossdress?”.

...

By my personal definition of what crossdressing is, crossdressing is probably one of the easiest things in the world. Put on a pair of panties and you, you gorgeous creature, you are crossdressing.

But I know it’s more complex than that.

In my opinion, the first step in crossdressing is getting over the thinking that some clothes are for boys and some clothes are for girls. I know some of us wear certain clothes BECAUSE they are “girl clothes”, but I don’t wear a dress or a bra because I want to BE a girl. Yes, I want to be a “her” when I am en femme, but I have no desire to transition or live full time.

If you want to learn how to crossdress, you must first think of what your goals are. But your first step is getting over the thinking that boys don’t wear ___________. Wear the leggings, wing that eyeliner, rock those heels. So much of what we want to do begins with changing our thinking.

They are just clothes. But at the same time, they are more than clothes.

If you know what I mean.

No comments: