Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pardon the Interruption

Before I continue with my history of my life as a wannabe male lesbian, let me announce that I've found one of the hypnosis clips I mentioned in this post.

It's the sequence of Dale Arden hypnotized by Ming the Merciless from Universal's Flash Gordon serial. Click the image to the right and you'll see a series of 11 screen shots from it--beginning with Dale's initial "induction" through her aborted wedding ceremony and her rescue by Flash. Jean Rogers did a terrific job in playing this--note how stiff and unhelpful she is in the shot where Flash is carrying her off.

I found this by buying a DVD of the entire serial. Now, a request--can anybody tell me how I can pull a clip (or clips) of this sequence off the DVD and upload it here or to youtube? I looked over Windows Media Player's instructions and I can't find anything that will let me do it.

Update: Those screen shots are no longer available, but I have instead managed to edit a sequence of Dale's "induction" and aborted wedding. Find it here.

No comments: