Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Friend Lori--Part Three

The base image for this shot is just an ordinary fashion image...I probably scanned it from an ad in a woman's mag. I'm going to give you the primary stages of this whole process.

First, here's the "normal" image of male Lori...and the job I did in feminizing her specifically to go with this image:



Even before the digital cosmetic job on this, I adjusted the color balance to get the skin tone closer to that in the fashion shoot.

Then came combining the Lori head shot with the fashion image:



After "pasting" the face in position (but before finalizing it), I again adjusted the color balance on both parts of the image. Then I redefined Lori's jaw. Next was making the lighting on Lori's face closely match that on the original model. Then I softened the whole thing, giving it a sort of '40s studio feel. I added the highlights on the earrings for a "glam" effect, then did one last pass on the color balance to bring it back into line with the original.

No comments: