Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Accessorizing

In the movie Remember the Titans, Denzel Washington's little girl is playing with her Barbie dolls when the white coach and his tomboy daughter visit. Denzel suggests his daughter play with the other girl. His daughter protests, "I'm not playin'--I'm accessorizin'!"


That's what I spent yesterday doing. I decided I needed jewelry to go with my outfits. The biggest problem was going to be finding earrings--my ears aren't pierced, so I need clip-ons. I was astonished when I found some attractive ones at Filene's Basement. That's also where I found the necklace and bracelet I'm wearing in these photos.

I wanted to find an ankle bracelet, too...but none of the ones I found would fit my ankle. I might, in the future, try getting a necklace and wrapping it around my ankle twice. I'd like something heavier than the typical ankle bracelet anyway...something that says "slave jewelry" in a way, I guess.



I also finally found those frilly socks I've been after. These came from a chain called "Bliss Avenue". It's owned by the same company that runs the seasonal "Halloween Adventure" stores...and part of its stock is the sexy, feminine stuff they carry there. But it's also full of lots of "Frederick's" style lingerie, extreme shoes, and things like that. (In the one near me, there was a separate room with more racy inventory--BDSM things, stuff for bachelor and bachelorette parties, etc.)

I got two pair of socks...one with just the ruffled cuffs, another with a flirty black bow in the back. (There's a style with a red bow, too.)

No comments: