Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid...

I went out this morning, in femme pants, shoes and blouse, to pick up the paper at the convenience store and get breakfast at the Mickey D's drivethrough. I had with me only my wallet and the car keys. I closed the door behind me and then gasped. "Is it locked?" I thought. I checked. It was! I'd locked myself out!

What could I do? Call a locksmith...well, yeah, but could I face him dressed like this? I have a casement windows...no way I'm crawling through one of them. OK...break the glass in the backdoor. So, I did. Then I immediately called a glazier. He's promised to be here within the hour.

Hopefully, I can change back into femme mode and do some photography once he leaves!

2 comments:

Karen Singer said...

Oh my! I think if I were in your place I would have done exactly the same thing. I'm sure it ruined your day - which I'm sure was going to be perfect. You were about to be braver than I've ever been.

Karen

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

Well, I thought it would ruin the day...and I didn't like spending the money to get the window fixed...but the glazier was good as his word. By 9:30 the window was fixed and I was able to dress.